Despite the beliefs that Hollywood has made us believe, hypnosis requires voluntary consent and participation of the client. And, VERY IMPORTANT, a hypnotist cannot make you perform any actions that are against your morals or human values. These are the most common myths that are associated with hypnosis, but they are certainly not all of them.
In reality, a hypnotic state is something that almost everyone experiences at many different times during the day, for example, while watching a movie, you can be so involved in it that you do not realize that someone has talked to you.
This is a form of a hypnotic state. I was a professional for many years, during a performance it was very common for me to become so lost in the music that I was unaware of anyone or anything else around me. My guitar became an extension of me. I was in a hypnotic state during these times.>
Studies have proven that they do. In the 70’s subliminals were used in movie theaters to promote the sales at the confectionery. Subliminal messages being played under the music in shopping malls have shown a reduction in theft in the malls. There was a law passed banning subliminals to be used in public places, this is confirmation that subliminals do work.
The subconscious mind absorbs and records the information even if the conscious mind is not aware of it happening. We have created subliminal recordings that have the message embedded under the music, or sounds. Hundreds of people have given us positive feedback on how successful they have been with the subliminal self hypnosis recordings. The conscious mind is only about 10% of our mental capacity and capability, and the other 90% of our mind is always aware.>